Refining Solutions Overview
- Over $75,000,000 and 1,000 refinery projects in the last 5 years
- Control System Applications
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- PLC, HMI, Historian
- CEMS and Process Analyzers
- Inline Blenders
- Tank Farm Automation
- Pipeline metering and leak detection
- PSM/Reliability support – SPI, HAC, Integrity Management, Power Distribution
- Support Engineering – Civil/Structural, Electrical, Mechanical/Piping
- Key Local Clients: BP, Chevron, Tesoro, Valero
- Long Beach Office: 100 Mangan engineering personnel.
Full Service Engineering & Automation Services For Our Refinery Clients
Whether it’s a front end loading project or a fully integrated solution, our experienced staff is prepared for the task. Engineering & Automation expertise in all industry facilities and units ensures that the product delivered is of the highest caliber.
We have a staff of registered professional engineers and control systems specialists located across the United States with expertise in Engineering, Automation, Commissioning, and Project Management allowing our company to offer a complete and fully documented design package that meets the requirements of the end user.
Engineering Disciplines Served:
- Control System Automation
Fully Qualified & Certified Project Managers
Our managers apply industry best practices with recognized strategies from accepted standards to every project. Their extensive experience within a variety of refineries and clients allow them to handle almost any size of project or application. From software development to process mapping—and any engineering project desired—our Project Management team will keep projects on track and ensure their correct implementation.
Project Tracking Tools:
- Remote Client Access
- Client Specific Reporting Templates
- Project Workflow Templates
- Earned vs. Spent Tracking & Reporting
System Upgrade & Migration
Mangan provides Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Upgrade & Migration Services That Minimize Downtime and Maximize Productivity, Safety & Process Planning
As guardians and custodians of our clients’ assets on project and maintenance tasks, we are keenly aware of the risks associated with transitioning from one platform to another. We developed a process to migrate Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) that is both safe and effective with minimized risk. We build our foundation on the premise that a complete understanding of the operated process systems is necessary to effectively convert controls, networks, or other technologies. Our functional and operational knowledge of Honeywell TDC, Rockwell, Siemens, and other DCS and PLC legacy systems within the refinery world makes us an ideal choice to convert to newer technologies.
A Proven Track Record With:
- Emerson Delta V
- Allen Bradley Control Logix
- Honeywell Experion
- Many others
- Siemens PCS 7
Providing Safety Instrumented System (SIS) Services To Refinery Clients
We understand the risks involved in the design of a system that must respond consistently and predictably to potentially hazardous conditions. That’s why we employ a trained staff of highly qualified engineers ready to assess, define, and implement strategies that can protect personnel and client investments.
- Existing Safety Systems Evaluations
- Offline & Online Testing
- Assistance & Support with SIL & HAZOP Review
- Expertise in Triconex Trident Logic Solver Design & Implementation
- TUV Certified Functional Safety Engineer
- Management of Change (MOC) Support
- Full Commissioning, Cutover
A Comprehensive, Structured & Organized Training Program Ensures Internal & External Expectations Are Met Without Compromising Quality
A full year curriculum of coursework dedicated to the refining industry has been developed with our clients’ goals and objectives in mind including full day classes offered monthly to cover a series of topics. All training is closely managed to ensure it remains timely, topical and is updated as technology, processes and implementation requirements advance.
Full Day Classes:
- Personnel, Equipment & Process Safety
- Documents, Drawings & Deliverables
- Refinery Processes, Equipment & Instrumentation
- Controls & Network Systems
- Project Management
- Electrical & Instrumentation
- Codes & Standards
Mangan Provides A Variety Of Services For CEMS & Analyzers
Conceptual Study: Review regulatory requirements, facility survey, technology analysis, complete options review, budgetary scope & schedule, estimate +20%
Preliminary Engineering: P & IDs, installation sketches & documentation, data sheets & specifications, DAS specifications, hardware & software quotes, definitive scope & schedule, estimate +10%
Engineering, Integration, Installation: Engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning
Administration: Daily reporting oversight, coordination of analyzer information, performance management
Maintenance: QA & QC measurement & analysis, daily preventive maintenance, call-out support, re-certification coordination maintenance systems
Long Beach, CA
Sugar Land, TX
Lake Jackson, TX
Long Beach, CA
Mangan Software Solutions
Barry D. Payne & Assoc., Inc.